Skip to main content

PRAYING FOR OUR HUSBANDS


Ladies, we have been given an incredible opportunity. We have been entrusted to care for our husband's heart, to love and support our spouse, and to speak truth into our husband's life to help and encourage him. And to bless him. One of the many ways we can love and support our spouse is to pray for them. Prayer changes lives. It changes hearts, words and actions. It changes marriages-the root of the family unit. When we pray for our spouse we are actively applying God's Word into our lives. For some of us, it can be hard to pray for our spouse, especially if we've been hurt. And for others, it's just a challenge to know where to begin and know how exactly to pray.

Some time ago, I came across a printable prayer sheet through a link on pinterest and thought I'd share it with you today. It came from the Organizing Made Fun blog, and here is the link to the original post where you can print the prayer guides (HERE). Not only does it give you a guide to pray for your husband separated by day, it also includes a prayer for yourself as a wife, yourself as a mother, and prayers for your children.

If you'd like to start praying for your husband, but you don't know where to start, I urge you to begin with day one. Print off the pages and get going. I ended up cutting the pages into the outlined cards and then laminated them. I keep them store in my Bible for quick access.

If you feel like things will never change in your marriage, I encourage you to start praying over those concerns and watch how God begins to move in your heart, your spouse's heart and in your marriage. God is so faithful. He will do a mighty work.



Below I have included the following scriptural references that coincide with each day for additional study.

Day 1: 2 Peter 3:18, Proverbs 4:23
Day 2: Proverbs 3:7, Proverbs 9:10, Psalm 112:1
Day 3: Psalm 51:2-4, Micah 6:8
Day 4: Colossians 3:19, Ephesians 5:25-29
Day 5: Proverbs 20:6, Genesis 2:24
Day 6: Proverbs 27:12, John 17:15, 1 Corinthians 10:12-13
Day 7: Proverbs 6:23-24,26, Proverbs 13:14
Day 8: Romans 12:11, 1 Corinthians 15:58
Day 9: Proverbs 23:4-5, Hebrews 13:5
Day 10: Proverbs 20:7, Ephesians 6:10-12
Day 11: Proverbs 15:33, Ephesians 6:6
Day 12: Proverbs 5:15, 1 Corinthians 7:3, Song of Solomon 7:10
Day 13: Galatians 5:13, Philippians 2:3-4
Day 14: Proverbs 18:21, Ephesians 4:29
Day 15: Proverbs 13:20, Proverbs 27:17
Day 16: 1 Corinthians 6:12, 10:31, 2 Timothy 2:4
Day 17: Ephesians 3:16, 1 Peter 2:21, 1 Corinthians 10:11
Day 18: Matthew 6:33, Deuteronomy 6:5, Ephesians 5:16, Psalm 90:12
Day 19: Psalm 34:14, Romans 14:19
Day 20: Proverbs 27:12, 2 Corinthians 10:5
Day 21: Nehemiah 8:10, Proverbs 17:22, Psalm 16:11
Day 22: Ephesians 4:23, Hebrews 12:15
Day 23: Ephesians 6:4, Colossians 3:21, 2 Timothy 2:1-2
Day 24: Luke 2:52, Proverbs 13:15
Day 25: Psalm 31:24, Ephesians 6:13, Psalm 27:14
Day 26: Jeremiah 29:11, 1 Corinthians 10:31
Day 27: 1 Corinthians 6:19-20, 9:27
Day 28: 1 Thessalonians 5:17, Luke 22:46, James 5:16
Day 29: Ephesians 5:15-16, 1 Corinthians 12:4,7
Day 30: 1 Corinthians 10:13, John 7:17-18
Day 31: John 8:44, 2 Corinthians 10:4-5

Happy Monday all! Let's start the week off right by praying for our husbands!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DRESSER TURNED TV STAND MAKEOVER

Tonight, I am so excited to share with you what hubby has been working on for the last few months in his spare time.  Let me preface by saying that we've had our TV hanging on the wall above our fire place since we purchased it about a year ago.  And though I liked it there and it fit well, it wasn't exactly what I had in mind.  You see, while the TV is on and you're sitting on the sofa curled up in a warm blanket drinking hot tea, you can't have the gas fireplace running.  Not only do I use the TV for viewing movies and television shows, but I listen to a lot of music through it.  I love our fireplace but would love it more if I could use it!  So to solve that problem I was on a mission to find a nice TV stand. After searching online and finding a lot of great furniture options, I realized I didn't really want to spend any money.  We had a dresser gifted to my husband years ago that we were planning on selling or donating but I really wanted to find a new u

DIY HOMEMADE MOD PODGE

We all know how expensive Mod Podge is at the craft store, right?  And since there are so many projects which use it, I thought I could find a homemade version  online .  Love  pinterest !  This is seriously the easiest DIY project I have ever done. Supplies: A Jar (I rescued an empty Tostitos Creamy Spinach Dip Jar YUMMM which was on its way out to be recycled) Elmer's White Glue (I used two 4 fl oz bottles) Water Before I made the Mod Podge, I washed out the jar and spray painted the lid silver.  I also took off the label from the jar and did my best to get rid of all of the adhesive (first tried a paper towel and rubbing alcohol, but it didn't work and then I tried olive oil and it worked like a charm). Instructions: Empty glue into jar Fill the empty glue bottle with water and pour into the new jar with the glue  (Ideally, you want 50% glue and 50% water) Shake, Shake, SHAKE the jar That's it!  You have made homemade mod pod

TWO YEARS | remembering our miscarriage

We all have that day. The day when our world changed forever. For us, it was the day we lost our little one. I don't cry much anymore, but I remember. The pain isn't raw as it once was, but I will never forget. I remember the day I found out I was pregnant. The day I told my husband he was a daddy to be. I remember the dreams we had for this baby. Our hopes. Our plans. Our future. I remember our normally un-snuggly dog coming up to me and nuzzling her head under my arm pit, resting her head on my belly as if she knew there was a little life growing inside of me. I remember the prayers. So many prayers. We prayed every night for this baby of ours. For their future. For their health. For their life. The unbelievable love. The warmth of the sun and the smell in the air. I remember the darkness descending. The blood. The emergency room. The tests. The feelings of fear. The spoken words. The reality dawning. The unimaginable pain. The surgery. The pain isn't