Skip to main content


Well, last Monday was the day our home closed and the new buyers took ownership. Escrow was fairly short at about forty-five days so that gave us plenty of time to try and wrap our brains around the fact that the house would no longer be our home. The house was on the market for two weeks before we received the first offer. We had accepted that offer and then the buyers decided to back out due to finances. It was a blessing in disguise because once we put the house back on the market we had two offers the first weekend (one was even above asking price!) during our open house. We accepted the first offer and the rest is history.

Our real estate agent was actually one of our long time friends so the entire process went pretty seamlessly. She went above and beyond for us and was not only super knowledgable but so generous with her time and efforts. We are so grateful for all of her hard work during this entire process and we would highly recommend her to anyone wanting to sell their home in Central Oregon.

Before you are bombarded with photos of our home tour, I'd just like to share that JP and I prayed and prayed for good weather the day of our photo shoot. The day had come and it was overcast and rainy. Much to our surprise though, our photographer had something come up last minute and let us know he wouldn't be able to shoot that day. We rescheduled for a couple of days later and on that day, the following photos were captured. The sky could not have been any more blue! It was perfect and we were so grateful for God's provision! After looking at all of the photos, I can't decide on a favorite. The outside shots where the home glows from the inside look so warm and inviting and I am so happy with the drone shots too. Hope you enjoy!




Popular posts from this blog


Tonight, I am so excited to share with you what hubby has been working on for the last few months in his spare time.  Let me preface by saying that we've had our TV hanging on the wall above our fire place since we purchased it about a year ago.  And though I liked it there and it fit well, it wasn't exactly what I had in mind.  You see, while the TV is on and you're sitting on the sofa curled up in a warm blanket drinking hot tea, you can't have the gas fireplace running.  Not only do I use the TV for viewing movies and television shows, but I listen to a lot of music through it.  I love our fireplace but would love it more if I could use it!  So to solve that problem I was on a mission to find a nice TV stand.
After searching online and finding a lot of great furniture options, I realized I didn't really want to spend any money.  We had a dresser gifted to my husband years ago that we were planning on selling or donating but I really wanted to find a new use for i…


We all know how expensive Mod Podge is at the craft store, right?  And since there are so many projects which use it, I thought I could find a homemade version online.  Love pinterest!  This is seriously the easiest DIY project I have ever done.

Supplies: A Jar (I rescued an empty Tostitos Creamy Spinach Dip Jar YUMMM which was on its way out to be recycled)Elmer's White Glue (I used two 4 fl oz bottles)Water
Before I made the Mod Podge, I washed out the jar and spray painted the lid silver.  I also took off the label from the jar and did my best to get rid of all of the adhesive (first tried a paper towel and rubbing alcohol, but it didn't work and then I tried olive oil and it worked like a charm).

Instructions: Empty glue into jarFill the empty glue bottle with water and pour into the new jar with the glue  (Ideally, you want 50% glue and 50% water)Shake, Shake, SHAKE the jar
That's it!  You have made homemade mod podge!  EASY PEASY! You can get a little fancy and create a lab…

TWO YEARS | remembering our miscarriage

We all have that day. The day when our world changed forever. For us, it was the day we lost our little one. I don't cry much anymore, but I remember. The pain isn't raw as it once was, but I will never forget.
I remember the day I found out I was pregnant. The day I told my husband he was a daddy to be. I remember the dreams we had for this baby. Our hopes. Our plans. Our future. I remember our normally un-snuggly dog coming up to me and nuzzling her head under my arm pit, resting her head on my belly as if she knew there was a little life growing inside of me. I remember the prayers. So many prayers. We prayed every night for this baby of ours. For their future. For their health. For their life. The unbelievable love.
The warmth of the sun and the smell in the air.
I remember the darkness descending. The blood. The emergency room. The tests. The feelings of fear. The spoken words. The reality dawning. The unimaginable pain.
The surgery.
The pain isn't raw as it once was…