Skip to main content

2013 GOALS NOT RESOLUTIONS

Are YOU ready to take 2013 by storm?  I must say that after exploring some of my goals, I am really getting pumped for this coming year!  There is so much to be thankful and grateful for and I am really excited to see what the Lord has in store for our lives this year.  Let me also be clear that I don't just want to say I want to change without having a plan to make it a habit.  I want to direct my effort on a daily basis to radically change my life.  I also want to document my progress here on the blog to keep myself accountableSo without further ado, I'd like to share with you my one main goal that I'd like to focus on this year.


Healthier Living.


About one month ago I wrote about my food intolerances and what my health has been like for many years.  My goal is to eliminate gluten, dairy, eggs, bananas, and mushrooms out of my diet.  I want to focus on consistently eating real, whole foods.  I purchased this book called Healthy Gluten Free Life: 200 Delicious Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free and Egg-Free Recipes! and am excited to go through it and find foods that won't just upset my body and immune system but that will help me to eat clean and healthy foods.  I will be creating an excel spreadsheet with a list of foods to purchase when I go grocery shopping (because I love spreadsheets) and will limit myself to only buying what's on the list.  I have begun reading labels and it is amazing how many foods contain gluten!  We have already gone through most of our kitchen and have eaten the remaining food which contained gluten or dairy just so we weren't being wasteful.  Hubby has agreed to be my partner in this lifestyle change and is following my strict dietary guidelines.  Oh, I just love that man!!  Moving on.  If I'm consuming foods that are good for me, I will be feeling better, will have more energy and I'll be sleeping better.  Having started the gluten-free/dairy-free eating, I can already attest to this and say that I feel 1,000x better when I'm eating right.  Amazing!!!

If I'm eating right, sleeping better, and thus having more energy, I know I will be successful this time at completing my next goal in Healthier Living.  I think it's been a good two years since hubby and I bought P90X.  If you haven't heard of this workout, you must check it out here.  We have started and stopped this three different times and each due to me getting severely ill.  With the program you get a comprehensive 3-Phase Nutrition Plan, a detailed Fitness Guide, a P90X Calendar and tracking worksheets, and 24/7 online support.  I love how systematic it all is and how they really take the guess work out of the equation.  I will also be posting photos of day 1, day 30, day 60 and day 90 of our progress.

The driving force behind us starting this particular workout program this year is because it is intense and will get us in the best shape of our livesWell, I think CrossFit would get us in the best shape of our lives but that is outside of our price range...I ran collegiate track and field all four years (a total of eleven yrs) and besides getting more fit, I want my muscles backI want to have enough energy to get up in the morning on any given Saturday and decide on the spur of the moment to go snowboarding in the winter time or bicycling in the summer time and know that I will have enough energy, will have fun and will still be able to walk the next day.  We are so blessed to live in a part of the country that offers so many outdoor activities throughout the year!  In addition to that, in the semi near future we'd like to start trying for some kiddos of our own and I'd like to be as healthy fitness-wise as I possibly can.

A few more goals...
  1. I want to drink more water, at least 70 ounces/day.  Currently I drink between 48-64 ounces a day but I'd just like to be consistently drinking more.  I often get headaches at work and once I have some water they typically go away.
  2. I want to take breaks at work.  Once in the morning and once in the afternoon.  Since I work in healthcare, there isn't always time for breaks.
  3. Pay off debt.  The weight of debt is so heavy.  But, we have been consistently making progress on this and am very hopeful that it will be gone THIS YEAR!!!  Boom.
  4. Finish school.  In progress.  Will be done THIS YEAR!!!  Again, Boom.
  5. I want to be a better wife...to be the Proverbs 31 wife.  This is my goal and desire.
  6. I want to get our dog more active.  So she'll be included in more of our outdoor activities!

Happy Weekend everyone! 


What are YOUR top 3 goals for 2013?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DRESSER TURNED TV STAND MAKEOVER

Tonight, I am so excited to share with you what hubby has been working on for the last few months in his spare time.  Let me preface by saying that we've had our TV hanging on the wall above our fire place since we purchased it about a year ago.  And though I liked it there and it fit well, it wasn't exactly what I had in mind.  You see, while the TV is on and you're sitting on the sofa curled up in a warm blanket drinking hot tea, you can't have the gas fireplace running.  Not only do I use the TV for viewing movies and television shows, but I listen to a lot of music through it.  I love our fireplace but would love it more if I could use it!  So to solve that problem I was on a mission to find a nice TV stand. After searching online and finding a lot of great furniture options, I realized I didn't really want to spend any money.  We had a dresser gifted to my husband years ago that we were planning on selling or donating but I really wanted to find a new u

DIY HOMEMADE MOD PODGE

We all know how expensive Mod Podge is at the craft store, right?  And since there are so many projects which use it, I thought I could find a homemade version  online .  Love  pinterest !  This is seriously the easiest DIY project I have ever done. Supplies: A Jar (I rescued an empty Tostitos Creamy Spinach Dip Jar YUMMM which was on its way out to be recycled) Elmer's White Glue (I used two 4 fl oz bottles) Water Before I made the Mod Podge, I washed out the jar and spray painted the lid silver.  I also took off the label from the jar and did my best to get rid of all of the adhesive (first tried a paper towel and rubbing alcohol, but it didn't work and then I tried olive oil and it worked like a charm). Instructions: Empty glue into jar Fill the empty glue bottle with water and pour into the new jar with the glue  (Ideally, you want 50% glue and 50% water) Shake, Shake, SHAKE the jar That's it!  You have made homemade mod pod

TWO YEARS | remembering our miscarriage

We all have that day. The day when our world changed forever. For us, it was the day we lost our little one. I don't cry much anymore, but I remember. The pain isn't raw as it once was, but I will never forget. I remember the day I found out I was pregnant. The day I told my husband he was a daddy to be. I remember the dreams we had for this baby. Our hopes. Our plans. Our future. I remember our normally un-snuggly dog coming up to me and nuzzling her head under my arm pit, resting her head on my belly as if she knew there was a little life growing inside of me. I remember the prayers. So many prayers. We prayed every night for this baby of ours. For their future. For their health. For their life. The unbelievable love. The warmth of the sun and the smell in the air. I remember the darkness descending. The blood. The emergency room. The tests. The feelings of fear. The spoken words. The reality dawning. The unimaginable pain. The surgery. The pain isn't