Finally I have finished and am so excited to share with you this fun snowflake project. I found the idea off of, guess where, Pinterest of course! My original thought was to hang the snowflake as a wreath on my front door for Christmas time but since it can get pretty windy here I thought the snowflake would be too light weight and decided to bring it indoors. This really is super simple and I hope you try it out too! I won't post a long tutorial but you can check out the photos below.
What you'll need:
- Jumbo Craft Sticks (Joanns) (First I tried actual popsicle sticks but they were too narrow and small)
- Hot glue gun
- Small Wooden discs (I used two different sized hole punchers and punched out circles from small shipping envelopes)
- Craft paint (I used a silver metallic spray paint)
- Ribbon of any color
- Drop cloth or newspaper
- Arrange your sticks using this pattern or make your own
- Hot glue sticks together
- Spray paint sticks
- Spray paint discs
- Hot glue discs onto sticks
- Let dry and hang!
Hope you will try this DIY project. It was fun, super simple and super inexpensive!