Skip to main content

Bookcase Reveal

This has been a long time coming.  Mostly because I have been putting it on the back burner for, oh, 6+ months?  Hubby actually built it back in November/December-ish and it has taken me this long to finish painting.  Oh well.

My thought for the office was to have something light in color and a little modern and I found the Expidit bookcase from IKEA online.
I liked the design but thought maybe having a back behind the shelving would be good.  Hubby said he would build it for me so I gladly let him!  I didn't take too many photos because hubby isn't a fan of being in photos.  Here is what I have, so take a look!
Oh, how I LOVE painting...see this was in the beginning.  By the end of it all I vowed to my hubby and proclaimed that I would never paint a large piece of furniture by hand ever again!  I told hubby we would be buying a paint sprayer next go around.  Hubs couldn't argue with that one as he loves to buy new tools and toys.
This was my bookshelf for the longest time.  You can see that most shelves are painted except the very bottom and the right side of the bookcase.  Sigh.  So, today, 7 months later I finished painting.  Haha!
Notice in the photo I turned the magazine holders around?  I thought they looked a bit messy and cluttered on the "open" side.  I also labeled the holders.  AND, you can see my IKEA rug that I purchased when we went to Portland some weeks back!  This office sure is coming together!
Here's a bit closer view.
See how hubby added a trim on all of the horizontal pieces?  It gives it a bit of character and I really like it!

What do you think?  Now I need to organize the shelving a little bit better.  I am thinking wire baskets from Crate and Barrel.  We'll see.  Another thought is to cover textbooks or home decor books, etc., with pretty paper or fabric.  Like this.
We're headed off to the second wedding of the weekend!  Happy Saturday!

UPDATE (8/11/12):  So, I thought the bookcase needed a little better organization, plus I wanted to combine my hubby's bookcase with mine so I did some rearranging.  Here is the most updated photo.  What do you think?  I like it much better! 

Comments

  1. I love it ! I've been looking for something just like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your work! I'm trying to do sth like that in my study room :) your advices helped a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment