Skip to main content

OUR BEST AND WORST WEDDING ANNIVERSARIES


JP and I celebrated eight years of marriage two weekends ago and what a time we had! We started off the adventure by driving to Eugene and staying the first night (Thursday) at my parent's house. They had offered to watch Hannah while we were gone so we left her there for Friday and Saturday. Friday morning we headed over to Florence and then drove up the coast and landed in Newport. We had stayed at the Elizabeth Street Inn seven years ago on our 1st wedding anniversary and had just an awful time. We would both agree it was our worst anniversary to date. Now to clarify, the accommodations were great, we just fought the entire trip! We were spitting language venom in the car, at dinner, in the hotel room, in the pool, at breakfast...it's like we were caught in a hurricane! When we got home from our trip we barely spoke to each other for about two weeks.

So, this eighth anniversary we wanted to redeem ourselves and give that place another try and boy we were not disappointed!

When we entered our room, we were greeted with an anniversary card and a bottle of Martinelli's Sparkling Cider from the hotel! How thoughtful! Our room was nicely decorated and included a king size bed, fireplace, ocean views with a private balcony, and an in-room jacuzzi! It felt so serene.

Since we weren't familiar with the area, we asked the hotel front desk for dinner recommendations and they happily suggested The Taphouse. They've got excellent food, great ambiance with a sweet back deck, live music and entertainment (unfortunately not the night we visited though) and twenty-eight beer and wine taps. We ended up ordering the same plate, the sirloin steak, mmmm! The food was terrific and The Taphouse was definitely worthy of a recommendation!

Before we moseyed on upstairs to check out of the hotel on Saturday morning, I was able to capture and savor the blue sky peeking through the clouds! We think the clouds probably burned off about an hour after we headed on our way back to the valley. The rest of the day was gorgeous as we headed over to Lebanon for an evening wedding.










Our friend Brandon, who was one of our groomsmen in our wedding, got married that weekend and we had the pleasure of attending their beautiful ceremony and reception on Saturday evening. Their wedding was held at Three Strands Farm in Lebanon and it couldn't have gone more flawlessly (as far as we could tell, ha!). The farm was landscaped so beautifully and it was obvious the bride and groom had put so much time into all of the little details for the big day, with decor and a lot of little fun touches. They had a Bible laid open on the first entry table with a sign asking for guests favorite Bible verse, they had a honeymoon fund table, a display of engagement photos, and another table where guests could share marriage advice. The bride was stunning, the groom was fetching, and the weather couldn't have been any better. Their vows to each other were well written and perfectly delivered and it was fun to get to hear more about the details of their love story.


I don't now about you, but weddings are always so good for my heart, our hearts. We get reminded of how we fell in love and why we continue to choose to fall in love over and over again, our commitments and vows to each other, and I think it is just a marriage refresher.

JP and I still can't believe we've already been married eight years. Life has handed us some hardships we didn't think we'd ever have to go through but we're in this life together, as a team, and I couldn't be more thankful and grateful for this wonderful husband of mine. And let me tell you, we more than redeemed our worst anniversary! From worst to best!

And thank you to all of you readers still sticking around here with us! We appreciate you more than you know! Do you have any awful anniversary stories that you'd like to share with us? If so, we'd love to hear about them in the comments below!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dresser turned TV stand makeover!

Tonight, I am so excited to share with you what hubby has been working on for the last few months in his spare time.  Let me preface by saying that we've had our TV hanging on the wall above our fire place since we purchased it about a year ago.  And though I liked it there and it fit well, it wasn't exactly what I had in mind.  You see, while the TV is on and you're sitting on the sofa curled up in a warm blanket drinking hot tea, you can't have the gas fireplace running.  Not only do I use the TV for viewing movies and television shows, but I listen to a lot of music through it.  I love our fireplace but would love it more if I could use it!  So to solve that problem I was on a mission to find a nice TV stand.
After searching online and finding a lot of great furniture options, I realized I didn't really want to spend any money.  We had a dresser gifted to my husband years ago that we were planning on selling or donating but I really wanted to find a new use for i…

Homemade Mod Podge

We all know how expensive Mod Podge is at the craft store, right?  And since there are so many projects which use it, I thought I could find a homemade version online.  Love pinterest!  This is seriously the easiest DIY project I have ever done.
Supplies: A Jar (I rescued an empty Tostitos Creamy Spinach Dip Jar YUMMM which was on its way out to be recycled)Elmer's White Glue (I used two 4 fl oz bottles)Water Before I made the Mod Podge, I washed out the jar and spray painted the lid silver.  I also took off the label from the jar and did my best to get rid of all of the adhesive (first tried a paper towel and rubbing alcohol, but it didn't work and then I tried olive oil and it worked like a charm). Instructions: Empty glue into jarFill the empty glue bottle with water and pour into the new jar with the glue  (Ideally, you want 50% glue and 50% water)Shake, Shake, SHAKE the jar That's it!  You have made homemade mod podge!  EASY PEASY!
You can get a little fancy and create a lab…

TWO YEARS | remembering our miscarriage

We all have that day. The day when our world changed forever. For us, it was the day we lost our little one. I don't cry much anymore, but I remember. The pain isn't raw as it once was, but I will never forget.
I remember the day I found out I was pregnant. The day I told my husband he was a daddy to be. I remember the dreams we had for this baby. Our hopes. Our plans. Our future. I remember our normally un-snuggly dog coming up to me and nuzzling her head under my arm pit, resting her head on my belly as if she knew there was a little life growing inside of me. I remember the prayers. So many prayers. We prayed every night for this baby of ours. For their future. For their health. For their life. The unbelievable love.
The warmth of the sun and the smell in the air.
I remember the darkness descending. The blood. The emergency room. The tests. The feelings of fear. The spoken words. The reality dawning. The unimaginable pain.
The surgery.
The pain isn't raw as it once was…