Skip to main content

THIRTY-ONE + A FLASHBACK FRIDAY.

It's my birthday today.  I'm 29 *clears throat* 31.  In a few days, I'll fill you in on the details of how I spent my birthday as it is a surprise to me!  :)  In the meantime, here is a little Flashback Friday I thought I'd share today.  When I turned 18 years old, my Grandmother gifted me with the original Los Angeles Times newspaper of the day I was born.  I know it is just a newspaper, but it is so special to me.  A keepsake.  She stored it somewhere safe for all of those years, even through her move from Southern California to Oregon.  The paper is beginning to turn a bit yellow but I've stored it with my photo albums and it seems to be in great condition.  I'd love to showcase it in my home somehow while still protecting it...maybe frame it in a shadow box, I'm not sure.  Any ideas of what I could do?  While leafing through the paper and re-reading the events from the day it was actually printed, I experience sort of a wave of nostalgia and I love that my Grandmother thought of me and this thoughtful gift in such a unique way, saving it for that special birthday so many years later.


But seriously, that ad though!  Happy Friday everybody!!  Make it a great day!!

Comments