Skip to main content


I thought I'd post a status update online for those who I can't visit in person.  The pain medications have caused dizziness and drowsiness, so I apologize if I sound like I'm rambling...

If you'd like to learn the story of how the tumors were found you can catch up HERE.

Things have been pretty boring around here recently.  I had my surgery (Open Abdominal Myomectomy) three weeks ago today and I am glad to say that I am on the mend!  And tumor-free!!!  Thank you for all of your thoughts, prayers, calls, gifts, and hospital visits!  Surgery went really well and the doctors were able to remove ALL of the tumors (8 in total).  A few of them were quite large (1 was the size of a baseball and 1 looked to be almost two baseballs conjoined) with the rest varying in smaller sizes.  Honestly, I have no idea how they all fit inside of me.  They had been shrinking prior to surgery so I was grateful to hear that there weren't any complications.  I asked the doctor if he could take some photos and he even sent me one photo with all of the tumors lined up from largest to smallest.  For your protection, I won't subject you to the photo as it is fairly grotesque.  You're welcome.

After surgery, I stayed in the hospital for two nights and was released on the third day once I was able to walk and finally eat solid foods.  Oh, if you had only seen me shuffling down the hall with a walker while simultaneously vomiting.  It was a sight!  I am so thankful for such an amazing and supportive husband and family.  Hubby stayed with me in the hospital and my Mom came to help during the day and spent the nights in our home with our pup.  A number of visitors stopped by to see me and pray with me and I was even anointed with oil.  What a breath of fresh air!

My sweet hubby was able to get time off of work for the first week to take care of me.  He cooked me meals, refilled my liquids, helped me in the restroom and was at my beck and call whenever I needed him.  I have really felt the love as friends and family have come to visit and check in on me here at the house.  On day four hubby helped me take my first shower and on day seven I ventured for the first time, with his help, outside and down the street to the mailbox (one house away).  I felt like I waddled, which apparently I did, but I went out despite the pain, unusually cold Summer temperature and rain.

We also learned that day the pathology results revealed the tumors were NOT cancerous!!  Praise God!!  What a relief!  Though the chances were very low that they were cancer, the thought was always in the back of my mind.

Once hubby went back to work, my Mom came to stay with us that second week and I can't begin to tell you how much she helped me!  Everything from cooking, to cleaning, to refilling my fluids and getting me hydrated.  But even more so, she was a friend and an encourager.  She is the best Mom on the planet and I am so blessed to have her as mine!

She took me to the doctor's office for my two week post-op appointment and the doctor told me that I was recovering normally.  He even said I could take the bandages off covering the incision and stitches.  He wants me to walk more but to "listen to my body" always, and released me to drive now that I'm off the narcotics.  Until my next doctor's visit (at six weeks), I will be unable to lift more than ten pounds.  He says during recovery, I will have good days and bad days, but to not get discouraged.  Here is a photo after that appointment.  As you can tell, I'm still very swollen and look pregnant.  This is real life folks, especially the laundry and unmade bed!

One of our pastor's wives graciously set up a meal train for me for the next two weeks and I am so, so grateful.  A meal train helps organize the giving and receiving of meals for someone (I had never heard of it before).  Since I have so many food allergies (gluten, dairy, eggs, mushrooms, and bananas), I didn't want to burden anyone with asking for help with meals, and I even declined invitations from friends.  But this is so great!  It takes into account preferred meal times, food preferences, and even available days.  It is SO helpful and I can even see online in advance who has scheduled what meal, and when.  What a blessing these women have been to me and my husband.  And it has certainly become the best part of my day (other than seeing hubby come home from work!)!

Thanks again for all of your thoughts and prayers!  God is SO good!!!


Popular posts from this blog


Tonight, I am so excited to share with you what hubby has been working on for the last few months in his spare time.  Let me preface by saying that we've had our TV hanging on the wall above our fire place since we purchased it about a year ago.  And though I liked it there and it fit well, it wasn't exactly what I had in mind.  You see, while the TV is on and you're sitting on the sofa curled up in a warm blanket drinking hot tea, you can't have the gas fireplace running.  Not only do I use the TV for viewing movies and television shows, but I listen to a lot of music through it.  I love our fireplace but would love it more if I could use it!  So to solve that problem I was on a mission to find a nice TV stand.
After searching online and finding a lot of great furniture options, I realized I didn't really want to spend any money.  We had a dresser gifted to my husband years ago that we were planning on selling or donating but I really wanted to find a new use for i…


We all know how expensive Mod Podge is at the craft store, right?  And since there are so many projects which use it, I thought I could find a homemade version online.  Love pinterest!  This is seriously the easiest DIY project I have ever done.

Supplies: A Jar (I rescued an empty Tostitos Creamy Spinach Dip Jar YUMMM which was on its way out to be recycled)Elmer's White Glue (I used two 4 fl oz bottles)Water
Before I made the Mod Podge, I washed out the jar and spray painted the lid silver.  I also took off the label from the jar and did my best to get rid of all of the adhesive (first tried a paper towel and rubbing alcohol, but it didn't work and then I tried olive oil and it worked like a charm).

Instructions: Empty glue into jarFill the empty glue bottle with water and pour into the new jar with the glue  (Ideally, you want 50% glue and 50% water)Shake, Shake, SHAKE the jar
That's it!  You have made homemade mod podge!  EASY PEASY! You can get a little fancy and create a lab…

TWO YEARS | remembering our miscarriage

We all have that day. The day when our world changed forever. For us, it was the day we lost our little one. I don't cry much anymore, but I remember. The pain isn't raw as it once was, but I will never forget.
I remember the day I found out I was pregnant. The day I told my husband he was a daddy to be. I remember the dreams we had for this baby. Our hopes. Our plans. Our future. I remember our normally un-snuggly dog coming up to me and nuzzling her head under my arm pit, resting her head on my belly as if she knew there was a little life growing inside of me. I remember the prayers. So many prayers. We prayed every night for this baby of ours. For their future. For their health. For their life. The unbelievable love.
The warmth of the sun and the smell in the air.
I remember the darkness descending. The blood. The emergency room. The tests. The feelings of fear. The spoken words. The reality dawning. The unimaginable pain.
The surgery.
The pain isn't raw as it once was…