Skip to main content

AFTER A THREE MONTH HIATUS...

I'm back!!  Hi my lovely readers!  So sorry for the lack of posting lately but it has just been crazy!  Instead of writing 17 new posts, I will write 1 and share through photos.  Sorry in advance for the picture overload.

The hubby and I were invited (by my employer) to the Saints Gala Benefit put on by the St. Charles Foundation in November.  It's pretty rare that we get to get gussied up and wear fancy clothes, but I was beyond thrilled to see my husband in a suit!!  Don't get me wrong, I love my man in his Carharts...but there is just something about a man in a suit!  So I caved and bought him two! Below is the clinical team I'm a part of and then the larger group with spouses and significant others.


We went miniature golfing and the husband beat me.  I have played golf since I was 7 years old and he whooped me.  But did you see on the back 9 I kind of got better?  Just takes me a round or two to warm up.  Oh yeah...and he got a hole in one.  Show off.


Ugly Christmas Sweater day at work.


Jesse and my FIL have done a ton of work on our Mustang.


Christmas Card Fail.


Christmas Eve service at our church.


Christmas with part of my side of the family (parents, grandmother, brother, sister in law, and nephew).  Love the boys showing off their new jackets.  Excuse me while I sprawl out on the floor completely oblivious to the camera, clearly focused on the game at hand.


Unfortunately, hubby and I were sick when we planned to get together with my sister, brother in law, and nieces.  No one wants to see photos of the sickies but here is a little nugget message from the halls I was sucking on.  A pep talk in every drop.


Christmas Sushi with hubby, FIL, and BIL.


We watched the Ducks play Texas in the Alamo bowl and WIN!!!


Some family friends invited us over for new years and I literally didn't get any other shots besides these three.  There were about 20 of us blasting off those pop rocket thingies (no idea what they're called) and toasting champagne for the new year!


New Years Day morning (more like noonish), hubby surprised me by taking me out to brunch at McKay's Cottage.  It was nice to be spontaneous and we enjoyed our time together.  This is my no make-up, barely brushed my hair, kind of morning.  I guess we don't look too shabby for only getting a few hours of sleep!


Mid-January, we watched the athletes compete in the Oregon Crossfit Winter Games here in Bend.  These photos were taken by Oregon Crossfit.


And most recently we celebrated 6 years since our first date and therefore our 7th Super Bowl!!  It doesn't matter who plays, we never miss that game!  And we make sure to take silly photos!


Today we are vegging in the house recovering from our most recent sickness this week.  Hubby was home sick for two days and I for three days.  Yuck.  One of these days we'll actually get to enjoy the snow.  This photo was taken early this morning and the snow keeps falling!  Haven't measured, but we're pushing two feet by now.  LOVE IT!!  It is also perfect snowboarding powder!!!  Beautiful.


Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, New Years, and next week a great Valentines Day!  Later today I should be posting a Christmas Home Tour as well as a quick little DIY project I tried out this morning.  Happy Saturday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dresser turned TV stand makeover!

Tonight, I am so excited to share with you what hubby has been working on for the last few months in his spare time.  Let me preface by saying that we've had our TV hanging on the wall above our fire place since we purchased it about a year ago.  And though I liked it there and it fit well, it wasn't exactly what I had in mind.  You see, while the TV is on and you're sitting on the sofa curled up in a warm blanket drinking hot tea, you can't have the gas fireplace running.  Not only do I use the TV for viewing movies and television shows, but I listen to a lot of music through it.  I love our fireplace but would love it more if I could use it!  So to solve that problem I was on a mission to find a nice TV stand.
After searching online and finding a lot of great furniture options, I realized I didn't really want to spend any money.  We had a dresser gifted to my husband years ago that we were planning on selling or donating but I really wanted to find a new use for i…

Homemade Mod Podge

We all know how expensive Mod Podge is at the craft store, right?  And since there are so many projects which use it, I thought I could find a homemade version online.  Love pinterest!  This is seriously the easiest DIY project I have ever done.
Supplies: A Jar (I rescued an empty Tostitos Creamy Spinach Dip Jar YUMMM which was on its way out to be recycled)Elmer's White Glue (I used two 4 fl oz bottles)Water Before I made the Mod Podge, I washed out the jar and spray painted the lid silver.  I also took off the label from the jar and did my best to get rid of all of the adhesive (first tried a paper towel and rubbing alcohol, but it didn't work and then I tried olive oil and it worked like a charm). Instructions: Empty glue into jarFill the empty glue bottle with water and pour into the new jar with the glue  (Ideally, you want 50% glue and 50% water)Shake, Shake, SHAKE the jar That's it!  You have made homemade mod podge!  EASY PEASY!
You can get a little fancy and create a lab…

TWO YEARS | remembering our miscarriage

We all have that day. The day when our world changed forever. For us, it was the day we lost our little one. I don't cry much anymore, but I remember. The pain isn't raw as it once was, but I will never forget.
I remember the day I found out I was pregnant. The day I told my husband he was a daddy to be. I remember the dreams we had for this baby. Our hopes. Our plans. Our future. I remember our normally un-snuggly dog coming up to me and nuzzling her head under my arm pit, resting her head on my belly as if she knew there was a little life growing inside of me. I remember the prayers. So many prayers. We prayed every night for this baby of ours. For their future. For their health. For their life. The unbelievable love.
The warmth of the sun and the smell in the air.
I remember the darkness descending. The blood. The emergency room. The tests. The feelings of fear. The spoken words. The reality dawning. The unimaginable pain.
The surgery.
The pain isn't raw as it once was…