Skip to main content

Happy Labor Day, Happy Birthday, Happy Football!

Wow, what a crazy couple of weeks it has been over here!  With my birthday, labor day weekend and kick off of Oregon Duck Football, here it is the weekend again and I'm finally feeling like I can breathe again!  The hubby and I (and the pup) had such a great visit with our family last weekend and I treasure the time we have together.  We did some shopping in Portland and then headed to the coast to get some sand between our toes.  Ever since I moved over the mountains I have craved visiting the beach at least a few times a year.  There is something about walking along the beach, hearing the waves crash and watching the sun go down that is almost magical.  The beach for me is a place to reflect and this trip specifically aided in some healing within our marriage.  Thank You Lord.
For my birthday hubby gave me some shopping spree money (love that!) and then he surprised me with a little furniture re-do DIY which I am so excited to share with you when it's all done!  I even got to help design it!  With some of the shopping spree money I purchased a super fun chandelier for the office/girl cave (from IKEA) and am waiting with anticipation for the day we can hang it up!

As if all of this wasn't enough, we purchased new lamps for our master bedroom (I promise we are not made of money)!  Though they were not on sale, compared to the other lamps on my radar these were super duper inexpensive and hubby approved of the style (bonus!).  We are loving how they give a soft warm glow to our bedroom.  And speaking of our bedroom, one of these days I'll share with you the mirror frame hubby built for me at my request.  Sigh, he is so wonderful.

How did you spend your Labor Day weekend?  I hope you enjoyed your extra day off; it sure feels good to get a break from time to time.  This weekend it is Game 2 of the season and the ducks play Fresno State.  Should be fun to watch!

Happy weekend friends!

Comments