Skip to main content

More Girl Cave Inspiration

Good morning blogettes!  The hubs wasn't feeling real well and slept real late, so I am here cleaning the house and putting away the Christmas decor.  We have college group at our home tonight and I am preparing for that as well!

So, here's the deal.  I have narrowed down my design elements for the office.  On Pinterest I pinned roughly 100+ photos of chairs, curtains, rugs, sleeper sofas, desks, bookcases, etc. and now I have made some decisions.  Actually the desk is complete and so is the bookcase I just need to paint the bookcase and then I'll share the process with you!

I am absolutely loving the feeling of the room on the left and have taken the inspiration to the office.  I wish I could take every element of the room on the right.  Sigh.

The Axis Full Sleeper is from Crate and Barrel and the chandy I found here.
The Ripple Ivory Leather Office Chair is from Crate and Barrel and the Blush Ruffle Pillow is from Pier 1.

What is next for the office?  I am debating whether I will want curtains and the color and type of fabric.  Initially I was going for silk, but then didn't want to have the hassle of going to the dry cleaners.  Also, I want the curtains to be sort of kid friendly?  Not sure exactly what that means, but sort of relaxed and comfortable?  Not so prim and proper that it feels stuffy maybe?  I have sort of drawn a blank on rugs.  The chevron pattern/sort of zigzag grabs my attention but the hubby hates it.  Something sort of zebra-ish would be cool (look below) but I may end up not getting a rug at all since I may need one of those plastic chair mats that allow you to roll freely.  Hubby really likes the rug below which is definitely a strong possibility!

Safari Rug from West Elm

Have a great day all!  I am off to finish cleaning and preparing for college group tonight!

Comments