Life can bring on some stress that can potentially interfere with marriages and getting away just the two of us helps us to communicate and just enjoy each others company. So, once a week (typically Friday nights) we make it a priority to have a date night.
Below is a list of Date Night ideas: Enjoy!
Courtesy of Muffin Tin Mom
1. Go out for pizza
2. Try live entertainment, such as a band at a local bar or restaurant, instead of a movie.
3. Pick a TV show, get a season's worth on DVD and make a running date to watch it together every night.
4. Head out to the dollar theater and splurge on snacks.
5. Try brunch and a matinee; fancy restaurants are way more affordable in the a.m.
6. Pick up a bucket of fried chicken and head for the drive-in.
7. Dress up your backyard picnic table with a white tablecloth. Add candles, fancy cheese, chocolate and voila: five-star fun!
8. Too cold or wet for an outdoor picnic? Spread a blanket on the floor and have a carpet picnic.
9. Bring home your favorite fast food, but serve it on your best china.
10. Museums usually have one free night a week or month, so hit one then.
11. Find a happy hour half off appetizers and order a few for your dinner!
12. Take a sketchpad to a scenic bluff and draw your own version of the vista.
13. Grab a basketball and hit the free courts at the park.
14. Sample international food at a street fair.
15. Hit the local video arcade.
16. Go to the library and page through the coffee-table art books, or any books!
17. Suit up and spend a late afternoon at the indoor pool of the Y.
18. Head to the highest point in town. Spend an early evening watching the twinkling lights turn on.
19. Drive out to a country field, lie down and snuggle under the stars.
20. Make yourselves the biggest, craziest ice cream sundae ever.
21. Take a tour of the house you'd (someday) love to own.
Lets get creative
22. Paint coffee mugs at a paint-your-own-pottery place.
23. Fly a kite.
24. Sign up for a one-night class at your local college.
25. Hit a farmers' market and scavenge for your dinner.
26. Get an easy-to-operate remote-control plane, go to a park and take turns trying to avoid the trees.
27. Take a hayride.
28. Hit a flea market and shop interesting finds.
29. Take a tour of garage sales in the ritziest neighborhoods.
30. Don't you just drive each other up the wall sometimes? Prove it — at an indoor climbing gym.
31. Head to an ice skating rink and strap on skates for some icy fun.
32. Poke around an antique shop.
33. Ride the Ferris wheel at a local carnival.
34. Find a fountain and throw in 10 pennies, taking turns making wishes.
35. Write a poem together.
36. Stop at a fancy bakery and pick out a treat for each other.
37. Feed the ducks.
38. Hold a kiss for one elevator ride.
39. One word: Frisbee.
40. Ride a tandem bike.
41. Get up early or stay up all night, to watch the sunrise.
A little more out and about
42. Climb a tree together.
43. Head to a batting cage and swing at some balls.
44. Hit the bowling alley.
45. Get in the saddle for a horseback-riding lesson.
46. Hit a sports bar and cheer on the team.
47. Map out a long bike ride through a local park.
48. Fire up the grill for burgers and sticky s'mores.
49. Play paintball.
50. Check out the action at the nearest racetrack.
51. Hit the golf-ball driving range.
52. Work out your aggressions with some co-kickboxing.
Mini Getaways ($$$!)
53. Book a double massage at a spa.
54. Take a balloon or helicopter ride over your town.
55. Rent a fancy car. Tool around as if you actually own it.
56. Find a nearby bed-and-breakfast. Spend the night someplace where someone else makes the bed and cooks breakfast.
(1-56 adapted from Redbook Magazine)
Little Personal Touches
57. Write a quick love note on the bathroom mirror
58. Use sticky notes around the house to say a quick I love you!
59. Stick a napkin note in the lunch pale (works if your husband takes a lunch to work)!
60. Write an encouraging, sweet, short (or steamy) email during the day.
61. Make a homemade card, "just because"
62. Make breakfast for him (or with him) on Saturday or Sunday morning
63. Surprise him with a new shirt or something you'll know he'll enjoy (a new book perhaps)
64. Plan a date and take him out!
65. Use chivalry. Say your please and thank you's!
66. Hold hands whenever you can.
67. If your spouse is a reader, find a book and read too!
68. Cook together